Tuesday, May 1, 2012

19 weeks and counting...


So for those of you that don't know... Jared and I are expecting our first bundle of joy Sept. 2012. I know! I know! We were going to wait 2 years after we got married (we just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary April 9th) to start trying to have kids... well folks God had another plan in mind for us, and who are we to question God's will? :) So, we are super excited (Jared is excited and nervous) and can't wait for this new adventure to begin. Well technically it has already begun, some days its still hard to believe I am pregnant. Especially since I am not really showing that much and the baby is just now starting to get more active.

I saw a blog the other day and she documented her pregnancy week by week with fun pictures and answered questions you can check her blog out here (http://littlebabygarvin.blogspot.com/), I was inspired to start my blog back up and keep y'all posted about our progress! I will try to be good about post weekly so you can follow along with our journey. I can't always promise there will be a fun picture like hers :).

Here is what I can share so far to catch you up...
So back in January there were a few days when I just wasn't feeling right, I thought maybe I had a weird hangover from my cousin's rehearsal dinner and wedding. I thought my sudden aversion to bacon was a little odd but maybe just b/c I had been drinking. When the so-called "hangover" didn't go away by mid-week and I started getting these weird cramps I thought hmmm maybe I should do a little research. Being the Google queen I Googled a few things I was experiencing and everything kept coming back as possible pregnancy side effect. I thought nah it can't be, but I took a test just to be sure... and WOW was I surprised when after three minutes the screen on the test said Pregnant. So I thought well it could be a false positive so I showed Jared (his reaction was a little stunned!) and I told him I was going to get more tests. Sure enough three tests later they all said the same thing... Positive!

So I made an appointment with my Dr. right away and at the first appointment they just confirmed that I really was pregnant and took some blood, at the second appointment Jared and I got to see our little Peanut for the first time! It was such a neat experience, we got the see the little heart fluttering it was still too little to hear the heart beat at this point but just to see it pumping away was so cool!
 

We told our families and swore them to secrecy! We wanted to wait till the10-12 week mark to tell all our friends... that didn't happen though! We were just too excited and wanted to share our excitement with everyone! We got the boys (Rocky and Shiner) to help us announce it to the Facebook world! As you can tell they were a little less thrilled about it as we were. Shiner kept wanting to pick up the baby socks! I think the announcement turned out pretty cute though!
 My first trimester was super easy, no morning sickness only some afternoon nausea. Never threw up, was tired a lot but that is to be expected.
Tomorrow Jared and I find out if we are having a boy or a girl :). I cannot wait!!! Everyone keeps asking me what I think/want to have, some days I really want a girl and other days I want a boy... in the end I will be happy with just a healthy baby no matter what God provides us! If we go by the old wives tale of the heart rate we are having a GIRL b/c Peanuts heart rate has been over 150 both times I have heard it. Jared and I will keep the sex of the baby our little secret for a few days b/c we are having a Gender Reveal Party or Sex Party as it has been nicknamed on Saturday for our families!


How far along? 19 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Since the beginning of the pregnancy I lost 16 pounds and as of yesterday I gained back 4 so we are at a -12 lbs
Maternity clothes? 1 pair of maternity jeans but still getting by with just a belly band and my reg jeans!
Stretch marks? No new ones ;) had some before I got pregnant.
Sleep: Sleep is good most nights, still trying to get used to only being able to sleep on my sides
Best moment this week: realizing that I am almost halfway there.. BOOM!
Miss Anything? A yummy Shiner or two... or three. and Sushi!!!
Movement: lots more movement this week, starting to feel the baby getting stronger and bigger!!
Food cravings: candy (not chocolate, sweets like Nerds, Sour Patch Kids, Sweet Tarts), Burgers, and spicy food like hot wings/buffalo chicken sandwiches
Anything making you queasy or sick: sometimes still the thought of bacon but other than that nothing really
Have you started to show yet: a little
Gender: still a mystery
Labor Signs: No, goodness I hope not!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: My 20 Week ultrasound this week!

Well that's all I have for now... tune in this weekend when we reveal the gender of our Peanut! :)

post signature

0 comments: